The Dallas Mavericks (18-39) will be at home in American Airlines Center when they meet the Sacramento Kings (17-38). Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Dallas Mavericks ATS Preview
In the Kings last matchup, they fell to the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-106. Kosta Koufos had a good performance for Sacramento, finishing with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Minnesota did an excellent job of making free throws (28-32; 87.5 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 21.4).
The Mavericks are hoping for a better outcome after their 104-97 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last matchup. With 18 points and 12 rebounds, Dwight Powell put together a solid game for Dallas. Houston had a free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.238). Dallas, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (above their season average of 17.8).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Dallas currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.2) and Sacramento is 24th (97.2).
Of Sacramento’s 55 games, 29 have finished over the O/U total, while 32 of Dallas 57 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have awful straight up (SU) records (17-38 for Sacramento; 18-39 for Dallas), but the Mavericks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Dallas is 29-28 ATS, while the Kings are 23-29-3.
Powell has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Dallas, averaging 13.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent game, Powell had 17 points and nine rebounds and the Mavericks defeated the Kings 106-99, covering as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 205 points, which was just 2.5 points above the projected point total of 202.5 points. The Mavericks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.133 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5. The Kings were 0.061 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Sacramento Kings at Dallas Mavericks Betting Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Mavericks rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while the Kings rank 12th (15.8).
- Sacramento averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Dallas ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Dallas ranks 19th in assists per game (22.4) while Sacramento ranks 25th (21.0).
- Sacramento is 13-14-3 ATS on the road, while Dallas is 13-16 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Mavericks 29 home games, while 15 of the Kings 30 road games have gone over.
- Sacramento is 11-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Dallas is 13-10.
- The Mavericks are 12-17 when they score over 100 points, while the Kings are 12-14.
- The Kings rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.6) while the Mavericks rank 25th (45.1).
- Dallas ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.2) while Sacramento ranks 28th (23.1).
- The Kings rank 18th in points in the paint per game (43.2) while the Mavericks rank last (38.5).
- The Kings rank 25th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Mavericks rank 27th (3.8).
- Sacramento ranks 16th in second chance points per game (11.9) while Dallas ranks 28th (10.3).
- Dallas is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Mavericks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 102.6 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.4 points per game (3.6 above their season average).