The Sacramento Kings (3-8) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they square off against the New York Knicks (6-5) at Madison Square Garden. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 204 points with New York set as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. New York Knicks ATS Preview
In the Kings’ last matchup, they edged the Philadelphia 76ers, 109-108. Zach Randolph led Sacramento in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Sacramento’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Philadelphia. The Kings had a rate of 7.9 (better than their season average of 14.2), while the 76ers posted a mark of 14.7.
The Knicks are hoping for a better outcome after their 112-99 loss to the Orlando Magic in their last outing. Tim Hardaway Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Orlando forced the Knicks into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 14.2). New York, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 26.7).
Expect New York to dominate the offensive glass in this meeting. The Knicks rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 percent), while Sacramento ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.5 percent).
Of Sacramento’s 11 games, six have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of New York’s 11 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Knicks have a substantial advantage. They are 6-5 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Kings are 3-8 SU and 4-6-1 ATS.
Hardaway Jr. has taken his game to another level over the last five games for New York, averaging 18.4 points and 1.8 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Knicks won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, New York won 103-100. New York had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 12.5). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (6.6 vs. 14.4).
Sacramento Kings vs. New York Knicks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Knicks rank 14th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Kings rank 26th (3.6).
- Neither of these teams shoot many threes. New York is 26th in the NBA with 24.2 three pointers per game while Sacramento is last with 21.6 threes per game.
- New York ranks seventh in assists per game (23.5) while Sacramento ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (23.1).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.4) while Sacramento ranks fifth (40.5).
- New York is 5-2 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 1-4-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Knicks’ 7 home games, while 3 of the Kings’ 6 road games have gone over.
- Sacramento is 2-1 when they allow below 100 points, while New York is 2-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Kings are 1-3 and the Knicks are 6-1.
- The Kings rank 17th in fast break points per game (9.4) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.1).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (16.6) while Sacramento ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (15.1).
- The Knicks rank first in rebounds allowed per game (39.3) while the Kings rank 26th (47.2).
- The Kings average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the league. The Knicks rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Sacramento ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.5) while New York ranks 25th (20.9).
- New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 94.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).