The Sacramento Kings (15-29) visit United Center to go head-to-head with the Chicago Bulls (17-29). The Kings are 2-point underdogs and look to put an end to their six-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Sacramento Kings at Chicago Bulls Betting Odds
In the Bulls’ last game, they covered the 1-point spread against the Minnesota Timberwolves, 117-110. The Kings, meanwhile, were blown out by the Detroit Pistons, 127-106, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Chicago game went 8 points over the projected point total of 219, while the Sacramento game finished 11 points over the projected point total of 222.
Chicago played a nearly flawless contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.180) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 12.9). For those same stats, Minnesota was 0.151 and 15.7, respectively. Sacramento, on the other hand, held Detroit to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 22.6). Chicago rallied around Zach LaVine, who had 25 points and five rebounds. De’Aaron Fox, meanwhile played well for Sacramento, recording 22 points.
In their first matchup this season, LaVine led the Bulls to a 113-106 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points. The two teams combined for 219 points, which was over the projected point total of 212.5, and Chicago covered as a 5-point underdog. Chicago did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-29; 86.2 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 8.8).
There does not appear to be a trend for games featuring the Kings in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Sacramento heads into the contest with records of 15-29 straight up (SU) and 20-24 against the spread (ATS).
Bulls games also have no tendency in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Chicago is 17-29 SU and 22-24 ATS.
Second-chance opportunities might be scarce for Chicago in this showdown. The Bulls rank 22nd in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while Sacramento ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.1 percent). It could also be an error-filled game for the Kings’ offense, which ranks 22nd in ball security (turnover percentage of 14.2 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Bulls, which forces the most turnovers in the NBA (17.1 percent).
Sacramento Kings at Chicago Bulls Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- Sacramento ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Chicago ranks 28th (6.3).
- The Bulls rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (35.1) while the Kings rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (33.8).
- Sacramento ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Chicago ranks 10th (12.4).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. Chicago is 26th in the league with 42.7 rebounds per game while Sacramento is 28th with 42.5 rebounds per game.
- The Bulls rank first in steals per game (10.0) while the Kings rank 19th (7.5).
- The Kings rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while the Bulls rank sixth (12.0).
- Chicago averages 21.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- Chicago is 5-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Sacramento is 7-2.
- The Bulls are 17-16 when they score more than 100 points, while the Kings are 14-22.
- Chicago is 11-13 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 13-10 ATS on the road.
- Of the Kings’ 23 road games, they have 12 overs and 11 unders.
- The Bulls have 12 overs and 12 unders in 24 home games.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Sacramento has 5 overs.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 121.8 points per game (11.3 above their season average).