The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (12-14, 2-11 Big 10), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Pinnacle Bank Arena to challenge the Nebraska Cornhuskers (18-8, 9-4 Big 10). Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Preview
In the Scarlet Knights last contest, they got blown out by the Indiana Hoosiers, 65-43. With 13 points on 3-for-11 shooting, Deshawn Freeman was Rutgers leading scorer. Indiana held the Scarlet Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.278 (below their season average of 0.445). Rutgers, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.201).
The Cornhuskers will look to maintain momentum after topping the Minnesota Golden Gophers in their last outing, 91-85. Nebraska rallied around Isaiah Roby, who led the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Nebraska played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.280) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 29.3). Minnesota put up marks of 0.134 and 27.0, respectively, for those same stats.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Nebraska figures to have a noteworthy advantage. The Cornhuskers defense ranks 36th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while the Rutgers offense is ranked 349th in effective field goal percentage (0.439). Moreover, the Scarlet Knights rank 58th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent), while the Cornhuskers rank 332nd in defensive rebounding percentage (66.2 percent).
James Palmer Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Nebraska, averaging 25.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Cornhuskers won 60-54. Nebraska did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (13-16; 81.3 percent). Rutgers, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 21.0). Isaac Copeland scored a game-high 23 points.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Rutgers, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Over
- The Cornhuskers rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while the Scarlet Knights rank 121st (21.1).
- Nebraska is 24th in the nation with 5.0 steals allowed per game while Rutgers is 55th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- Rutgers averages 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. Nebraska ranks 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Cornhuskers average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the nation. The Scarlet Knights rank 184th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Nebraska ranks 134th in assists per game (13.8) while Rutgers ranks 268th (10.2).
- The Cornhuskers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Scarlet Knights have scored an average of 55.2 points per game (10.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (7.0 above their season average).