The Youngstown State Penguins (2-5) will be at home in Beeghly Physical Education Center when they square off against the Robert Morris Colonials (3-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Youngstown State Penguins Betting Preview
The Colonials defeated the Little Rock Trojans in their last contest, 78-64. Dachon Burke was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Robert Morris dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.193) and a turnover percentage of 20.4 (worse than their season average of 19.7). Little Rock put up marks of 0.234 and 27.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Penguins played, they were defeated by the South Dakota Coyotes, 81-53. Cameron Morse was Youngstown State’s high scorer with 12 points on 5-for-10 shooting. South Dakota had an effective field goal percentage of 0.632 (above their season average of 0.536). Youngstown State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.189 (above their season average of 0.174).
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play a key role in this battle. Dating back to last season, Youngstown State has committed the 37th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while the pesky defense of Robert Morris has forced the sixth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 24.6 percent).
The Penguins won the lone contest against the Colonials last season, 75-74. Youngstown State did a great job of converting from the free throw line (15-21; 71.4 percent). Robert Morris, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 vs. 19.4).
Robert Morris Colonials at Youngstown State Penguins Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonials rank 23rd in steals per game (7.9) while the Penguins rank 131st (6.4).
- Youngstown State ranks 161st in blocks per game (3.2) while Robert Morris ranks 264th (2.3).
- Robert Morris ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while Youngstown State ranks 254th (23.1).
- The Penguins rank 64th in assists per game (15.2) while the Colonials rank 300th (10.6).
- Youngstown State ranks 95th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Robert Morris ranks 247th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).