The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (18-13, 12-6 NEC) and Robert Morris Colonials (15-16, 9-9 NEC) will clash at Knott Arena to bring the regular season to an end. Mount St. Mary’s is a 6.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 135.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Betting Preview
The Colonials were blown out by the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last contest, 80-60. With 14 points on 5-for-15 shooting, Dachon Burke was Robert Morris’ high scorer. Saint Francis U had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 14.6). Robert Morris, on the other hand, held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 26.3).
In the Mountaineers’ last game, they topped the Wagner Seahawks, 73-62. Mount St. Mary’s was led by Chris Wray, who put up 11 points, nine rebounds and six blocks. Mount St. Mary’s dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.215) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 15.2). For those same stats, Wagner had marks of 0.209 and 14.6, respectively.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play an integral role in this matchup. Mount St. Mary’s commits the 43rd-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Robert Morris forces the 17th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.0 percent).
Of Robert Morris’ 2 games with betting action, two have finished under the O/U total, while 1 of Mount St. Mary’s’ 2 games have finished over the projected point total. The Mountaineers hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 18-13 SU and 2-0 ATS, while the Colonials are 15-16 SU and 1-1 ATS.
Wray has been solid over the last five games for Mount St. Mary’s, averaging 11.8 points, 7.4 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.2 steals and 2.0 blocks per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, with the Mountaineers winning both. Burke put up 16 points and six assists in the most recent matchup, in which the Colonials lost 72-53, unable to cover as 5-point underdogs. The two teams combined for 125 points, which was 14 points below the projected point total of 139 points. The Mountaineers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.170 and a turnover percentage of 12.1. For those same stats, the Colonials were 0.078 and 25.8, respectively.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- The Mountaineers rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while the Colonials rank 158th (21.8).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 70th in steals per game (6.9) while Robert Morris ranks 157th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- On the road, Robert Morris is 1-1 ATS with 2 unders and 0 overs.
- At home, Mount St. Mary’s is 2-0 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- Robert Morris ranks 121st in rebounds per game (36.1) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 289th (28.8).
- The Mountaineers rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Colonials rank 159th (3.9).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 116th in assists per game (14.2) while Robert Morris ranks 252nd (11.5).
- Mount St. Mary’s is 1-0 ATS with 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Robert Morris is 0-1 ATS with 1 under.
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).