NEC foes will collide when the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (7-5, 1-0 NEC) challenge the Robert Morris Colonials (7-7, 1-0 NEC) at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Robert Morris Colonials at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Odds Preview
In the Colonials last game, they defeated the Bryant Bulldogs, 68-54. Matty McConnell was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-11 shooting. The Colonials made 21 of their 25 free throws (84.0 percent) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.362 (below their season average of 0.455).
The Blue Devils come in on a high note after defeating the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last outing, 72-68. With 17 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Joe Hugley led Central Connecticut State in scoring. Central Connecticut State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.176 (below their season average of 0.218) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.532). Saint Francis U recorded marks of 0.078 and 0.492, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Central Connecticut State offense. Central Connecticut State ranks 313th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Robert Morris forces the ninth-most turnovers in the nation (25.5 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Colonials won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Robert Morris won 74-64. Robert Morris did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (31-43; 72.1 percent). Central Connecticut State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.1 vs. 26.7).
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Over
- The Blue Devils rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Colonials rank 148th (4.6).
- Central Connecticut State ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Robert Morris ranks 222nd (38.6).
- The Colonials rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.5) while the Blue Devils rank 184th (23.7).
- Robert Morris ranks 45th in steals per game (7.8) while Central Connecticut State ranks 192nd (4.7).
- The Blue Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).