The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (13-13, 8-5 NEC) will try to continue a five-game home winning streak when they square off with the Robert Morris Colonials (13-13, 7-6 NEC) at Steinberg Wellness Center. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds ATS Preview
The last time the Colonials played, they fell to the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers, 77-65. Dachon Burke put together a solid performance for Robert Morris, leading both teams in scoring with 27 points on 11-for-19 shooting. St. Francis Brooklyn was lights out from beyond the arc (15-33; 45.5 percent). Robert Morris, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent).
The Blackbirds will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last game, 83-67. With 25 points on 11-for-22 shooting, Joel Hernandez was the top scorer from either team. The Blackbirds held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 27.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.410 (below their season average of 0.540).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of LIU Brooklyn. LIU Brooklyn ranks 229th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Robert Morris forces the ninth-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.7 percent).
Hernandez has taken his game to another level over the last five games for LIU Brooklyn, averaging 24.8 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonials won 88-79. The Colonials 15.9 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Blackbirds, who had a mark of 22.8. Burke was a standout player in the game, putting up 20 points and six rebounds.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Under
- The Blackbirds rank 177th in assists per game (13.0) while the Colonials rank 237th (11.5).
- Robert Morris ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 100th (20.7).
- LIU Brooklyn averages 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Robert Morris ranks 247th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Colonials rank 28th in steals per game (7.8) while the Blackbirds rank 166th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Robert Morris ranks 156th (4.0).
- The Blackbirds average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 60.4 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average).