The Bryant Bulldogs (1-12), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Robert Morris Colonials (6-7) to Chace Athletic Center. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Bryant Bulldogs ATS Preview
The Colonials lost to the Canisius Golden Griffins in their last matchup, 76-62. With 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Koby Thomas was the top scorer from either team. Canisius had an effective field goal percentage of 0.634 (above their season average of 0.552). Robert Morris, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-22; 72.7 percent).
In the Bulldogs last game, they were defeated by the Dartmouth Big Green, 75-58. Brandon Carroll led Bryant in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Dartmouth did a great job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent). Bryant, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 17.6).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Bryant. Bryant ranks 182nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Robert Morris forces the sixth-most turnovers in the NCAA (26.0 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulldogs won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last contest, Bryant won 81-73. Bryant had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.578 vs. 0.411). Robert Morris, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 25.5).
Robert Morris Colonials at Bryant Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Bryant, O/U – Over
- The Colonials rank 193rd in rebounds per game (34.2) while the Bulldogs rank 274th in rebounds allowed per game (42.1).
- Robert Morris averages 2.7 blocks per game, which ranks 160th in the NCAA. Bryant ranks 162nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Robert Morris ranks 76th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while Bryant ranks 227th (16.8).
- The Colonials rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.5) while the Bulldogs rank 166th (23.2).
- Robert Morris ranks 41st in steals per game (8.0) while Bryant ranks 122nd (6.2).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 22.6, up from 18.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (3.4 above their season average).