The Robert Morris Colonials (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they take on the Duquesne Dukes (2-0) at A.J. Palumbo Center. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Duquesne Dukes ATS Preview
In the Colonials last outing, they were beaten by the San Diego Toreros, 65-53. Robert Morris Leondre Washington had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 4-for-7 shooting. San Diego did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-32; 75.0 percent). Robert Morris, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 20.2).
The Dukes will look to keep it rolling after beating the VMI Keydets in their last contest, 77-61. Tarin Smith played a pivotal role for Duquesne with 21 points and six rebounds. The Dukes had a much better free throw rate (0.356 vs. 0.100) and had a much better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 30.1).
Duquesne might have difficulty scoring as they clash against one of the nations best defenses. Robert Morris ranks 58th in defensive efficiency, while the Dukes rank 258th in offensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season.
The Colonials won the lone game against the Dukes last season, 64-60. The Colonials turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Dukes. Robert Morris had a rate of 16.0, while Duquesne posted a mark of 19.0.
Robert Morris Colonials at Duquesne Dukes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes average 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 122nd in the nation. The Colonials rank 261st in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Duquesne ranks 155th in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Robert Morris ranks 293rd (17.7).
- Robert Morris ranks 21st in steals per game (8.0) while Duquesne ranks 238th (5.1).
- The Colonials rank 73rd in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Dukes rank 282nd (15.9).
- Duquesne ranks 80th in blocks per game (4.0) while Robert Morris ranks 239th (2.4).