The No. 17 Xavier Musketeers (1-0) will be at home in Cintas Center when they square off against the Rider Broncs (1-0). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 154 points with Xavier opening as a 23-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Rider Broncs at Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview
The Broncs defeated the Hampton Pirates in their last outing, 90-75. With 15 points and 14 rebounds, Rider’s Frederick Scott played well. Rider dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.8 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.0. For those same stats, Hampton was 18.5 and 26.3, respectively.
The last time the Musketeers played, they dismantled the Morehead State Eagles, 101-49. Xavier was lifted by Trevon Bluiett, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Xavier played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.792 and a free throw rate of 0.321. Morehead State had marks of 0.297 and 0.237, respectively, for those same stats.
The prolific offense of Xavier will face off against the mid-tier defense of Rider. Since last season, the Musketeers rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while the Broncs are 161st in defensive efficiency. The Musketeers should have the advantage on that end of the court. It will also be a tale of two tempos as the fast-paced Broncs rank 29th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Musketeers rank 267th.
The Broncs have had records of 19-15 straight up (SU) and 14-14 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Rider games have had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (57.1 percent).
The Musketeers, meanwhile, have records of 22-13 SU and 19-19 ATS since last season. There does not appear to be a trend for Xavier’s games over that same stretch in regards to the projected point total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Rider Broncs at Xavier Musketeers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Musketeers rank 144th in steals per game (6.1) while the Broncs rank 233rd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Rider averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 119th in the NCAA. Xavier ranks 197th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Xavier ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while Rider ranks 210th (36.2).
- The Musketeers rank 185th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while the Broncs rank 296th (16.8).
- Xavier averages 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. Rider ranks 180th in assists allowed per game (13.6).