The NIT battle between the Oregon Ducks (22-12) and the Rider Broncs (22-9) will be played at Matthew Knight Arena. Oregon is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 161 points. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Rider Broncs at Oregon Ducks Odds Preview
In the Broncs’ last matchup, they fell to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks, 66-55. With 13 points on 3-for-7 shooting, Tyere Marshall was the top scorer from either team. Saint Peter’s held the Broncs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.337 (below their season average of 0.532). Rider, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.449 (above their season average of 0.256).
The Ducks are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-54 loss to the USC Trojans in their last matchup. MiKyle McIntosh was Oregon’s leading scorer with 21 points on 9-for-17 shooting. USC did a terrific job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent). Oregon, meanwhile, forced the Trojans into a turnover percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 13.2).
The high-powered offense of Oregon (69th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 111.2) will battle against the mid-tier defense of Rider (208th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 104.8). The Ducks figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Rider games have gone over 70.4 percent of the time, while games including Oregon have finished under 59.4 percent of the time. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (22-9 for Rider; 22-12 for Oregon), but the Broncs hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Rider is 16-10-1 ATS, while the Ducks are 16-16-1.
Rider Broncs at Oregon Ducks Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Over
- The Ducks rank 68th in assists per game (15.2) while the Broncs rank 234th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Oregon ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Rider ranks 122nd (6.1).
- Oregon averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 42nd in the nation. Rider ranks 295th in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- The Ducks rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Broncs rank 228th (36.5).
- Oregon ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while Rider ranks 214th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- The Ducks have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Oregon has defeated opponents by an average of 6.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Broncs have scored an average of 84.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (4.6 above their season average).