The Marist Red Foxes (5-20, 3-10 MAAC) look to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Rider when they welcome the Broncs (18-7, 11-2 MAAC) to McCann Center. Rider is a 10-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 157 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Rider Broncs at Marist Red Foxes Odds Preview
The last time the Broncs played, they defeated the Manhattan Jaspers, 77-73. Dimencio Vaughn was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Broncs, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.6, had an absurd mark of 47.1 and had a free throw rate of 0.442 (above their season average of 0.249).
The Red Foxes are trying to rebound after their 70-66 loss to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks in their last contest. Brian Parker was Marist’s leading scorer with 12 points on 2-for-2 shooting. Saint Peter’s had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 26.8). Marist, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (17-18; 94.4 percent).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Rider in this battle. The Broncs currently rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while Marist ranks 252nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.7 percent).
Games involving these teams tend to go over the O/U total. Rider games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 57.9 percent of Marist games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Broncs have a clear advantage. They are 18-7 SU and 13-7-1 ATS, while the Red Foxes are 5-20 SU and 10-9 ATS.
Vaughn has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Rider, averaging 14.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 117 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 159.5. The Broncs won 60-57, but were unable to cover as 17-point favorites. The Broncs dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 and a free throw rate of 0.241. For those same stats, the Red Foxes were 15.9 and 0.180, respectively. Anthony Durham recorded a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Rider Broncs at Marist Red Foxes Free Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Over
- The Red Foxes rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Broncs rank 193rd (4.8).
- Rider ranks 108th in assists per game (14.4) while Marist ranks 228th (11.8).
- Marist is 3-4 ATS at home, while Rider is 10-3-1 ATS on the road.
- In 14 road games, the Broncs have 10 overs and 4 unders.
- In 7 home games, the Red Foxes have 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Marist averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. Rider ranks 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Broncs rank 13th in rebounds per game (40.2) while the Red Foxes rank 227th (33.4).
- Rider ranks 52nd in steals per game (7.3) while Marist ranks 225th (4.0).
- Marist is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Rider is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Red Foxes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncs have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average).