The Rider Broncs (12-12, 7-5 MAAC) will be at the People’s United Center to challenge the Quinnipiac Bobcats (12-10, 7-4 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Rider Broncs at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bobcats won a close one over the Iona Gaels, 66-65, while the Broncs lost a winnable game to the Siena Saints, 59-57.
Quinnipiac played a nearly flawless contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.136 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (below their season average of 30.5). For those same stats, Iona was 0.090 and 21.4, respectively. Rider, meanwhile, held Siena to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 24.6). Cameron Young had a solid performance for Quinnipiac with 18 points and five rebounds. Tyere Marshall had a good outing for Rider, contributing 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Frederick Scott led the Broncs to a 72-67 victory. He registered a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Rider’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Broncs had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 25) and total rebounds (42 vs. 33).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Quinnipiac. Quinnipiac ranks 256th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Rider forces the 25th-most turnovers in the nation (23.2 percent). Contrasting paces will be on display in this showdown. The up-tempo Broncs rank 54th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bobcats rank 273rd.
Rider Broncs vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Quinnipiac, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Under
- Quinnipiac averages 28.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 18th in the country. Rider ranks 241st in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Broncs average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. The Bobcats rank 150th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Broncs rank 12th in steals per game (8.9) while the Bobcats rank 172nd (5.6).
- Quinnipiac ranks 75th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while Rider ranks 226th (15.4).
- During their last five games, the Broncs have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (6.4 below their season average).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 0.9 for the season.