Expect a low-scoring game when the Rhode Island Rams (5-2) and Alabama Crimson Tide (6-2) battle at Coleman Coliseum. Alabama is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Rhode Island Rams vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview
The Rams beat the Providence Friars in their last game, 75-68. Daron Russell was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. The Rams forced 21 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.339 (above their season average of 0.176).
In the Crimson Tide’s last matchup, they were topped by the UCF Knights, 65-62. Donta Hall was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 9-for-9 shooting. UCF held the Crimson Tide to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 29.7). Alabama, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.294 (above their season average of 0.292).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Alabama ranks 263rd in possessions per game (68.3) and Rhode Island is 283rd (67.7) since last season.
Of Rhode Island’s 5 games with betting action, three have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Alabama’s 6 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (5-2 for Rhode Island; 6-2 for Alabama), but the Rams have the edge against the spread (ATS). Rhode Island is 3-2 ATS, while the Crimson Tide are 3-4.
Rhode Island Rams at Alabama Crimson Tide Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. The Crimson Tide rank 155th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Rhode Island ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.5) while Alabama ranks 63rd in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Alabama ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Rhode Island ranks 151st (36.2).
- The Rams rank 153rd in assists per game (13.6) while the Crimson Tide rank 248th (12.0).
- Alabama ranks 202nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while Rhode Island ranks 285th (18.1).