The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (8-9, 3-1 BigSou) will try to snap the six-game winning streak of Radford when they welcome the Highlanders (11-6, 4-0 BigSou) to Paul Porter Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Radford Highlanders at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Odds Preview
The Highlanders won a close one over the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in their last outing, 64-61. Carlik Jones led Radford in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Highlanders knocked down 17 of their 20 free throws (85.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.503).
The last time the Runnin’ Bulldogs played, they beat the High Point Panthers, 62-45. With 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting, David Efianayi was the games leading scorer. Gardner-Webb played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.183) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.524). For those same stats, High Point was 0.182 and 0.318, respectively.
Liam O’Reilly has been solid over the last five games for Gardner-Webb, averaging 18.0 points and 3.8 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Runnin’ Bulldogs won both games last season. In the most recent contest, Gardner-Webb won 70-59. The Runnin’ Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.404 and a turnover percentage of 16.4. For those same stats, the Highlanders put up marks of 0.145 and 23.3, respectively.
Radford Highlanders at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 64th in steals per game (7.2) while the Highlanders rank 71st in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Radford averages 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. Gardner-Webb ranks 174th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Highlanders average 12.6 assists per game, which ranks 173rd in the nation. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 197th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Radford ranks 127th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Gardner-Webb ranks 147th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs have outscored opponents by an average of 15.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Gardner-Webb has been defeated by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (8.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average).