The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (6-8, 1-2 BigSou) will try to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Radford when they welcome the Highlanders (10-6, 3-0 BigSou) to Buccaneer Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Radford Highlanders at Charleston Southern Buccaneers Odds Preview
In the Highlanders last contest, they dismantled the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 90-70. Ed Polite Jr. was the games high scorer with 29 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Radford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.186) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.493). For those same stats, UNC Asheville was 0.241 and 0.483, respectively.
The Buccaneers are trying to rebound after their 80-59 loss to the High Point Panthers in their last contest. Cortez Mitchell led Charleston Southern in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. High Point had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.517). Charleston Southern, meanwhile, held the Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below their season average of 33.6).
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams face off. The Highlanders are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 44th in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.0 percent. Meanwhile, Charleston Southern ranks 59th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.6 percent.
Polite Jr. has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Radford, averaging 16.6 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent game, the Highlanders won 79-67. Radford’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Charleston Southern. The Highlanders had a rate of 0.643 while the Buccaneers posted a mark of 0.460.
Radford Highlanders at Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- The Buccaneers rank 57th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Highlanders rank 63rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.5).
- Radford ranks 98th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Charleston Southern ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Buccaneers rank 32nd in steals per game (8.1) while the Highlanders rank 159th (5.3).
- Charleston Southern ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Radford ranks 90th (3.6).
- The Buccaneers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (8.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).