The VMI Keydets (3-3) will be at home in Cameron Hall when they take on the Radford Highlanders (3-3). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Radford Highlanders vs. VMI Keydets Odds Preview
The last time the Highlanders played, they lost to the Vanderbilt Commodores, 74-62. With 16 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Ed Polite Jr. was Radford’s high scorer. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Vanderbilt’s largest advantages. They made 31 trips to the line, while Radford went just 11 times.
The Keydets come in on a high note after defeating the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in their last contest, 76-68. VMI received a boost from Bubba Parham, who recorded 21 points, six assists and five rebounds. VMI played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.498) and a free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.257). Charleston Southern had marks of 0.456 and 0.281, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line could be scarce for VMI in this matchup. The Keydets rank 320th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.205, while Radford ranks 57th in FTA rate allowed (0.207) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Furthermore, the Highlanders rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while the Keydets rank 269th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent).
The Highlanders won the only contest against the Keydets last season, 74-67. Radford had a much better free throw rate (0.375 vs. 0.097). VMI, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 18.9).
Radford Highlanders vs. VMI Keydets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – VMI, ATS Winner – VMI, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Keydets rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Highlanders rank 161st (3.5).
- VMI ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Radford ranks 99th (22.9).
- Radford ranks 75th in rebounds per game (37.8) while VMI ranks 276th (33.4).
- The Highlanders rank 78th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Keydets rank 236th (14.4).
- VMI ranks 122nd in steals per game (6.5) while Radford ranks 271st (4.8).