The Radford Highlanders (4-3) will attempt to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Virginia Tech when they head to Cassell Coliseum to go head-to-head against the Hokies (7-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Radford Highlanders vs. Virginia Tech Hokies Odds Preview
The Highlanders were victorious over the VMI Keydets in their last outing, 63-50. Ed Polite Jr. led Radford in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Radford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.496) and a turnover percentage of 17.6 (worse than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, VMI was 0.380 and 21.4, respectively.
The last time the Hokies played, they beat the Ole Miss Rebels, 83-80. Virginia Tech was led by Chris Clarke, who recorded 16 points and 12 rebounds. The Hokies made 26 of their 37 free throws (70.3 percent) and held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.459 (below their season average of 0.547).
Dating back to the 2016-17 season, a focal point for the Virginia Tech offense has been to get to and convert from the free throw line. The Hokies rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.321), but Radford has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 56th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.206).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Radford games have finished under 100.0 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of games involving Virginia Tech have finished over. The Hokies come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-1 SU and 6-1 ATS, while the Highlanders are 4-3 SU and 1-0 ATS.
Radford Highlanders at Virginia Tech Hokies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders average 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 115th in the nation. The Hokies rank 190th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Radford ranks 280th in steals per game (4.7) while Virginia Tech ranks 290th (4.4).
- Virginia Tech ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.2) while Radford ranks 235th (12.3).
- The Highlanders rank 75th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Hokies rank 256th (33.6).
- Radford ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while Virginia Tech ranks 207th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).