The Radford Highlanders (10-8, 5-1 BigSou) will be at Kimmel Arena to meet the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (8-9, 2-4 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Radford Highlanders at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs beat the Longwood Lancers, 71-66, while the Highlanders lost to the Winthrop Eagles, 61-56.
The Bulldogs forced 19 turnovers and held the Lancers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below the 0.569 mark opponents have averaged against UNC Asheville this season). Radford, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 14.1). UNC Asheville’s DeVon Baker had a good outing, putting up 19 points. Radford received a boost from Carlik Jones, who contributed 20 points and 10 rebounds.
The Highlanders won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 71-63. Radford won the rebounding battle. The Highlanders had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. 7), defensive rebounds (24 vs. 17) and total rebounds (37 vs. 24). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Bulldogs will look to push the slower-paced Highlanders. The Bulldogs rank 54th in possessions per game while the Highlanders are 343rd. Moreover, the Highlanders rank 27th in turnover percentage (16.4 percent), while the Bulldogs rank eighth in opponents’ turnover percentage (26.3 percent).
Radford at UNC Asheville Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (15.5) while Radford ranks 207th (23.6).
- The Highlanders average 12.4 assists per game, which ranks 164th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 168th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 12th in steals per game (9.5) while the Highlanders rank 167th (5.7).
- Radford ranks 156th in rebounds per game (35.7) while UNC Asheville ranks 271st (31.5).
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.8 for the season.