MAAC foes will collide when the Siena Saints (4-10, 0-1 MAAC) square off with the Quinnipiac Bobcats (4-9, 1-0 MAAC) at Times Union Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146 points with Siena set as a 5.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Monday, January 1, 2018.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Siena Saints Free Preview
The Bobcats won a close one over the Monmouth Hawks in their last game, 78-76. Cameron Young was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting. The Bobcats had a great free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.276) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.594 (above their season average of 0.502).
In the Saints last game, they were topped by the Marist Red Foxes, 63-58. Ahsante Shivers was Siena’s leading scorer with 12 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Marist had a free throw rate of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.247). Siena, on the other hand, held the Red Foxes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.3 (below their season average of 22.8).
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Siena in this showdown. The Saints currently rank 93rd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.9 percent), while Quinnipiac ranks 224th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.2 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Quinnipiac games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while games involving Siena have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. Both teams have dreadful straight up (SU) records (4-9 for Quinnipiac; 4-10 for Siena), but the Bobcats have the edge against the spread (ATS). Quinnipiac is 5-3-1 ATS, while the Saints are 3-3.
Young has been excellent over the last five games for Quinnipiac, averaging 18.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Saints won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, Siena won 84-75. Siena out-rebounded Quinnipiac. The Saints had more offensive rebounds (22 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 18) and total rebounds (52 vs. 27).
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Siena Saints ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Siena, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Under
- Quinnipiac is 3-2 ATS on the road, while Siena is 1-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 1 of the Saints 2 home games, while 3 of the Bobcats 5 road games have gone under.
- Quinnipiac ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while Siena ranks 209th (19.6).
- The Saints rank 117th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Bobcats rank 225th (33.1).
- Siena is 1-1 ATS with 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Quinnipiac is 3-0 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Saints average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (5.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average).