MAAC foes will collide when the Rider Broncs (10-6, 3-1 MAAC) meet the Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-11, 3-2 MAAC) at Alumni Gymnasium. Rider is a 12-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 159 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Rider Broncs ATS Preview
The Bobcats won a close one over the Marist Red Foxes in their last outing, 80-79. Cameron Young was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Quinnipiac’s 11.4 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Marist, who had a mark of 19.1. The Bobcats mark was better than their season average of 16.4, while the Red Foxes was above the 14.6 mark opponents have averaged against Quinnipiac this season.
In the Broncs’ last game, they defeated the Manhattan Jaspers, 82-76. Rider rallied around Frederick Scott, who had 19 points, 14 rebounds and five assists. Rider dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 14.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.553 (above their season average of 0.513). Manhattan was 15.9 and 0.477, respectively, for those same stats.
This game should be a battle of contrasting tempos. Rider has preferred an up-and-down style of play (24th in possessions per game), while Quinnipiac has been more half-court-oriented (267th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Bobcats rank 32nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.293), while the Broncs rank 278th in opponents FTA rate (0.272).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Bobcats, it’s been Young, who has averaged 21.0 points and 5.8 rebounds, while the Broncs have received solid contributions from Scott (19.0 points and 8.4 rebounds).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Broncs won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Rider won 99-82. Rider’s 0.623 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Quinnipiac, who had a rate of 0.500.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Rider Broncs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Under
- The Broncs rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Bobcats rank 100th (6.4).
- Quinnipiac averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. Rider ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Quinnipiac averages 27.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. Rider ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Broncs rank 20th in rebounds per game (40.6) while the Bobcats rank 209th (33.8).
- Rider averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. Quinnipiac ranks 186th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Broncs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (1.0 above their season average).