MAAC foes will collide when the Canisius Golden Griffins (16-9, 10-2 MAAC) take on the Quinnipiac Bobcats (9-16, 6-7 MAAC) at Koessler Athletic Center. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Free Preview
In the Bobcats last outing, they were blown out by the Niagara Purple Eagles, 95-76. Quinnipiac’s Isaiah Washington put up 18 points in the game. Niagara had an effective field goal percentage of 0.656 (above their season average of 0.504). Quinnipiac, meanwhile, held the Purple Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 31.6).
The Golden Griffins hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Siena Saints in their last matchup, 89-65. Canisius was lifted by Jermaine Crumpton, who was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Canisius played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 17.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.555 (above their season average of 0.539). For those same stats, Siena had marks of 18.8 and 0.386, respectively.
The upper-echelon offense of Canisius will square off against the mid-tier defense of Quinnipiac. The Golden Griffins rank 72nd in effective field goal percentage (0.540), while the Bobcats are 320th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.546). The Golden Griffins figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Crumpton has really been playing well over the last five games for Canisius, averaging 18.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Golden Griffins won 82-74. Canisius had a much better turnover percentage (7.3 vs. 17.3). Quinnipiac, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.0 vs. 19.4). Isaiah Reese had a standout performance in the victory, producing 20 points and five assists.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Over
- The Golden Griffins rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bobcats rank 91st (3.2).
- Quinnipiac ranks 192nd in rebounds per game (34.2) while Canisius ranks 236th (33.1).
- Canisius averages 17.1 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. Quinnipiac ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Golden Griffins rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Bobcats rank 147th (21.8).
- Canisius ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Quinnipiac ranks 132nd (6.5).
- The Golden Griffins average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).