The Vermont Catamounts (7-5) will be at home in Roy L Patrick Gymnasium when they take on the Quinnipiac Bobcats (3-8). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Vermont Catamounts Free Preview
In the Bobcats last game, they lost a close one to the Drexel Dragons, 72-71. Cameron Young had a solid game for Quinnipiac, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Drexel had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.5 (above their season average of 29.0). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 17.0).
The Catamounts are trying to rebound after their 81-79 loss to the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in their last game. Anthony Lamb was the games high scorer with 27 points on 6-for-11 shooting. St. Bonaventure had an effective field goal percentage of 0.688 (above their season average of 0.495). Vermont, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 25.3).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Vermont currently ranks 319th in possessions per game (67.0) and Quinnipiac is 264th (68.7). Also, the Bobcats, who rank 264th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), might have a tough time getting put-back points against the Catamounts, who rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (79.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Catamounts won the lone game last season, 94-70. The Catamounts played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.389 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.676. For those same stats, the Bobcats were 0.072 and 0.471, respectively.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Vermont Catamounts Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
- Vermont ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.5) while Quinnipiac ranks 186th (36.9).
- The Bobcats rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while the Catamounts rank 184th (20.9).
- Vermont averages 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 92nd in the nation. Quinnipiac ranks 162nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Catamounts average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).