The Lafayette Leopards (0-5) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they meet the Quinnipiac Bobcats (2-5) at Kirby Sports Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Lafayette Leopards Free Preview
In the Bobcats last matchup, they edged the Massachusetts Minutemen, 68-66. With 11 points and six rebounds, Quinnipiac’s Cameron Young played well. The Bobcats knocked down 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 18.3).
The Leopards are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-67 loss to the Drexel Dragons in their last game. Justin Jaworski was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Drexel had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 23.1). Lafayette, on the other hand, held the Dragons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.425 (below their season average of 0.512).
It will be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Bobcats will look to push the more methodical Leopards. Since last season, the Bobcats rank 29th in possessions per game while the Leopards are 193rd.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Lafayette Leopards ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Quinnipiac, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 144th in assists per game (14.0) while the Leopards rank 261st in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Quinnipiac ranks 195th in steals per game (5.8) while Lafayette ranks 269th (4.8).
- Quinnipiac ranks 51st in rebounds per game (38.4) while Lafayette ranks 315th (31.2).
- The Bobcats rank 84th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Leopards rank 312th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- Lafayette ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Quinnipiac ranks 136th (3.4).