MAAC foes will clash when the Iona Gaels (13-9, 7-3 MAAC) meet the Quinnipiac Bobcats (9-13, 6-4 MAAC) at Hynes Athletics Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155 points with Iona opening as a 13-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Iona Gaels Free Preview
The Bobcats were victorious over the Fairfield Stags in their last contest, 75-70. Cameron Young was Quinnipiac’s high scorer with 15 points on 4-for-11 shooting. The Bobcats held the Stags to an effective field goal percentage of 0.382 (below their season average of 0.514) and had a free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.286).
In the Gaels last game, they were defeated by the Fairfield Stags, 103-100. With 19 points and 13 rebounds, TK Edogi had a solid performance for Iona. Fairfield was lights out from beyond the arc (14-27; 51.9 percent). Iona, meanwhile, held the Stags to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below the 29.7 mark opponents have averaged against Iona this season).
Iona could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense squares off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Gaels currently rank 60th in effective field goal percentage (0.545), while Quinnipiac ranks 314th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.541).
Of Quinnipiac’s 18 games with betting action, nine have finished over the O/U total, while 10 of Iona’s 18 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Gaels have a clear advantage. They are 13-9 SU and 10-7-1 ATS, while the Bobcats are 9-13 SU and 9-8-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Gaels won 84-74. The Gaels dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.393 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1. The Bobcats were 0.211 and 22.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Iona Gaels ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Under
- On the road, Quinnipiac is 6-4 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Iona is 3-3 ATS with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Iona ranks 38th in assists per game (16.4) while Quinnipiac ranks 212th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Gaels average 26.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. The Bobcats rank 147th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Iona ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Quinnipiac ranks 104th (6.2).
- Iona is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Quinnipiac is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Gaels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average).