The Quinnipiac Bobcats (2-6) will travel to Francis S. Levien Gymnasium to go head-to-head with the Columbia Lions (1-6) in their home opener. Columbia is a 13.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Columbia Lions Odds Preview
The Bobcats lost big to the Lafayette Leopards in their last contest, 79-58. Quinnipiac’s Cameron Young had a solid performance, contributing 11 points. Lafayette did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (27-29; 93.1 percent). Quinnipiac, meanwhile, held the Leopards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.0 (below their season average of 17.9).
In the Lions last game, they were blown out by the Albany Great Danes, 86-82. Mike Smith led Columbia in scoring with 27 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Albany did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (24-29; 82.8 percent). Columbia, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.573 (above their season average of 0.496).
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-and-down Bobcats will look to push the more half-court-oriented Lions. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bobcats rank 37th in possessions per game while the Lions are 153rd.
Games including these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Quinnipiac games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while Columbia games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. The Bobcats hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (2-6 vs. 1-6), but the Lions have been better against the spread (ATS) (2-1 vs. 2-3-1).
The Lions won the lone game against the Bobcats last season, 86-78. Columbia’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Quinnipiac. The Lions had a rate of 0.571 while the Bobcats posted a mark of 0.387.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Columbia Lions Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 121st in the nation. The Bobcats rank 268th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Quinnipiac averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. Columbia ranks 166th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Quinnipiac ranks 82nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Columbia ranks 317th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Lions average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Bobcats rank 294th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- Quinnipiac averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. Columbia ranks 268th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).