The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (9-11, 2-3 Summit) will be at the Sanford Coyote Sports Center to meet the South Dakota Coyotes (12-8, 3-3 Summit) in a Summit matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. South Dakota Coyotes ATS Odds
In their last game, the Coyotes were victorious over the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 99-84, while the Mastodons got blown out by the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 92-68.
South Dakota dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.237 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 14.1). For those same stats, South Dakota State put up marks of 0.117 and 13.5, respectively. Purdue Fort Wayne, on the other hand, held Oral Roberts to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 34.9). South Dakota was lifted by Tyler Hagedorn, who finished with 24 points and six rebounds. Deonte Billups, meanwhile fueled Purdue Fort Wayne with 12 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Brian Patrick led the Mastodons to a 70-59 win. He recorded 21 points and nine rebounds. Purdue Fort Wayne out-rebounded South Dakota. The Mastodons had 10 offensive rebounds and 44 total rebounds, while the Coyotes had three and 29, respectively.
South Dakota could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense goes up against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Coyotes currently rank 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.549), while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 303rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.522).
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. South Dakota Coyotes Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Under
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 41st in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while South Dakota ranks 259th (17.6).
- The Coyotes rank 106th in assists per game (13.6) while the Mastodons rank 209th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Mastodons rank 89th in steals per game (7.1) while the Coyotes rank 226th (4.5).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 139th in rebounds per game (36.1) while South Dakota ranks 252nd (32.8).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Coyotes have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (2.8 above their season average).