The Purdue Boilermakers (9-6, 2-2 Big 10) and their phenomenal offense head to Wisconsin to take on the Badgers (11-4, 3-1 Big 10) and their tremendous defense. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Purdue Boilermakers at Wisconsin Badgers Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Badgers defeated the Coppin State Eagles 85-63, while the Boilermakers beat the Fairfield Stags 90-57.
Purdue played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.203 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. Fairfield put up marks of 0.083 and 25.0, respectively, for those same stats. The Badgers, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (6.5 vs. 17.5) and had a much better free throw rate (0.377 vs. 0.169). Ethan Happ played an enormous role in the victory for Wisconsin with 10 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds to register his zeroth triple-double of the year. Meanwhile, Purdue rallied around Carsen Edwards, who finished with 30 points.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Badgers won 57-53. The Badgers’ 13.1 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Boilermakers, who had a rate of 19.0. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Both teams have had a couple of players take their game to the next level over their last five games. Ryan Cline (0 points) and Edwards (0 points) have been stellar for the Boilermakers, while Happ (0 points) and D’Mitrik Trice (0 points) have made solid contributions to the Badgers.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the NCAA’s premier offenses go head-to-head. Wisconsin ranks 58th with 112.6 points per 100 possessions and Purdue is 29th (115.3). Moreover, the Boilermakers rank 42nd in turnover percentage (16.4 percent), while the Badgers rank 256th in opponents’ turnover percentage (18.1 percent).
Purdue Boilermakers at Wisconsin Badgers ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Purdue, O/U – Over
- Purdue ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while Wisconsin ranks 199th (20.3).
- The Badgers are fourth in the NCAA with 4.5 steals allowed per game while the Boilermakers are 12th with 4.7 steals allowed per game.
- Wisconsin ranks 60th in blocks per game (4.1) while Purdue ranks 68th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Badgers rank 20th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Boilermakers rank 116th (13.1).
- Purdue ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Wisconsin ranks 66th (32.9).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.8, up from 12.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Boilermakers have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (8.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average).