The Butler Bulldogs (8-2) and the No. 17 Purdue Boilermakers (10-2) face off at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Butler Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Boilermakers last contest, they had no trouble getting past the IUPUI Jaguars, 86-61. Carsen Edwards was the games high scorer with 27 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Purdue dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.281 (below their season average of 0.304) and a turnover percentage of 16.8 (worse than their season average of 14.1). For those same stats, IUPUI was 0.148 and 23.4, respectively.
The Bulldogs come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Youngstown State Penguins in their last matchup, 95-67. Butler rallied around Kamar Baldwin, who was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Butler dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.2 (worse than their season average of 15.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.631 (above their season average of 0.518). Youngstown State recorded marks of 22.9 and 0.458, respectively, for those same stats.
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Butler in this meeting. The Bulldogs currently rank 314th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.194, while Purdue ranks 13th in FTA rate allowed (0.159). Additionally, the 36th-ranked offense of the Boilermakers (offensive efficiency of 119.9) will battle against the 57th-ranked defense of the Bulldogs (defensive efficiency of 95.2).
Kelan Martin has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Butler, averaging 20.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Butler Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Over
- Purdue ranks 12th in assists per game (18.0) while Butler ranks 172nd (12.8).
- The Boilermakers rank 81st in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Bulldogs rank 225th (33.5).
- Butler ranks 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Purdue ranks 103rd (5.3).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Boilermakers have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (2.8 below their season average).