The Texas Longhorns (5-3) welcome the Purdue Boilermakers (6-3) to Frank Erwin Special Events Center. The Longhorns will attempt to lengthen their five-game winning streak. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 9, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Texas Longhorns ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Longhorns were victorious over the Eastern Illinois Panthers 71-59, while the Boilermakers dismantled the Fairfield Stags 90-57.
Purdue dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.203 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. For those same stats, Fairfield recorded marks of 0.083 and 25.0, respectively. The Longhorns, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.577 vs. 0.411) and had a better turnover percentage (20.8 vs. 22.9). Texas’ Matt Coleman III had a good outing, putting up 13 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Purdue received a boost from Carsen Edwards, who finished with 30 points.
The offense of Texas will face off against the stingy defense of Purdue. Since the 2017-18 season, the Longhorns rank 227th in offensive efficiency, while the Boilermakers are 97th in defensive efficiency. The Boilermakers should have the advantage on that end of the court. Additionally, the Boilermakers rank 307th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.251), while the Longhorns rank 42nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.189).
Purdue at Texas Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Purdue ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Texas ranks 229th (36.6).
- The Boilermakers rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Longhorns rank 78th (3.0).
- Purdue is 20th in the country with 5.1 steals allowed per game while Texas is 41st with 5.2 steals allowed per game.
- The Boilermakers rank 78th in assists per game (15.9) while the Longhorns rank 246th (12.0).
- Texas averages 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 106th in the nation. Purdue ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).