The No. 10 Providence Friars (21-13) clash against the No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies (20-12) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Spectrum Center. The Friars opened as a 3.5-point underdog. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 138.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 12:15 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Providence Friars vs. Texas A&M Aggies ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Aggies lost a close one to the Alabama Crimson Tide, 71-70, while the Friars were beaten by the second-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 76-66.
Providence did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-15; 93.3 percent) while Texas A&M had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 34.1). T.J. Starks had a good game for Texas A&M, finishing with 23 points. Alpha Diallo, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Providence with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Texas A&M should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Aggies rank 14th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while Providence is 248th in effective field goal percentage (0.496).
Alpha Diallo has taken his game to another level as of late for Providence, averaging 15.2 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists over the last five games.
Providence Friars vs. Texas A&M Aggies ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
- Texas A&M ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.3) while Providence ranks 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Friars average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. The Aggies rank 146th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Providence averages 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 141st in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 203rd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Aggies rank sixth in blocks per game (5.9) while the Friars rank 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Providence ranks 145th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while Texas A&M ranks 228th (23.3).
- During their last five games, the Friars have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average).
- The Aggies have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas A&M has defeated opponents by an average of 5.2 points.