The Yale Bulldogs (15-14, 8-5 Ivy) and Princeton Tigers (13-15, 5-8 Ivy) will go head-to-head at John J. Lee Amphitheater to finish out the regular season. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Princeton Tigers vs. Yale Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they beat the Brown Bears, 78-63. Myles Stephens was the games high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Princeton played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.536 (below their season average of 0.541) and a free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.179). Brown put up marks of 0.371 and 0.274, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs will look to maintain momentum after just getting past the Penn Quakers in their last game, 80-79. Miye Oni fueled Yale with 23 points and 12 rebounds. The Bulldogs, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.4, had an extraordinary mark of 37.8 and had a free throw rate of 0.414 (above their season average of 0.216).
Second-chance opportunities might be few and far between for Yale in this meeting. The Bulldogs currently rank 256th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), while Princeton ranks 33rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Of Princeton’s 23 games with betting action, 12 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Yale’s 20 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bulldogs have the better straight up (SU) record (15-14 vs. 13-15), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Yale is 8-11-1, while Princeton is 8-15 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 149 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 142.5. The Tigers won 76-73, but were unable to cover as 8-point favorites. Princeton had a much better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 20.3). Yale, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (9-9; 100.0 percent). Trey Phills had a double-double in the loss, with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
Princeton Tigers vs. Yale Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Princeton, ATS Winner – Princeton, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 210th in rebounds per game (34.0) while the Tigers rank 260th (32.5).
- Yale ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Princeton ranks 76th (3.1).
- Yale is 2-3-1 ATS at home, while Princeton is 4-10 ATS on the road.
- Of the Tigers 14 road games, they have 7 overs and 7 unders.
- In 6 home games, the Bulldogs have 5 unders and 1 over.
- Yale ranks 25th in assists per game (16.6) while Princeton ranks 210th (12.5).
- The Tigers rank 39th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Bulldogs rank 193rd (7.0).
- Yale ranks 66th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Princeton ranks 121st in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- Yale is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Princeton is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (3.8 above their season average).