The Dartmouth Big Green (4-16, 0-7 Ivy), who are currently riding a 10-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Princeton Tigers (11-11, 3-4 Ivy) to Edward Leede Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Princeton Tigers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Free Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they were beaten by the Harvard Crimson, 66-51. Princeton’s Myles Stephens put together a good performance, contributing eight points and six rebounds. Harvard had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 18.5). Princeton, meanwhile, held the Crimson to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.6).
The Big Green are hoping for a better outcome after their 64-61 loss to the Penn Quakers in their last matchup. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Will Emery played well for Dartmouth. Penn held the Big Green to an effective field goal percentage of 0.328 (below their season average of 0.532). Dartmouth, meanwhile, held the Quakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.4 (below their season average of 25.5).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Dartmouth currently ranks 254th in possessions per game (68.1) and Princeton is 295th (67.0). Additionally, the Tigers rank 38th in effective field goal percentage (0.551), whereas the bottom-tier defense of the Big Green ranks 303rd with an effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.536.
Of Princeton’s 17 games that accepted bets, nine have finished over the O/U total, while 7 of Dartmouth’s 12 games have finished under the projected point total. The Tigers have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (11-11 vs. 4-16) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (7-10 vs. 6-4-2).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Tigers won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Princeton won 85-48. The Tigers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 5.3 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.581. For those same stats, the Big Green were 15.4 and 0.361, respectively.
Princeton Tigers at Dartmouth Big Green Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Big Green rank 48th (2.8).
- Princeton is 4-6 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- Dartmouth is 1-1 ATS at home with 2 unders and 0 overs.
- Princeton ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Dartmouth ranks 143rd (13.6).
- The Tigers average 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. The Big Green rank 154th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- Princeton ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Dartmouth ranks 87th (33.3).
- Dartmouth is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Princeton is 1-3 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Big Green’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (4.5 above their season average).