BigSou foes will collide when the Winthrop Eagles (14-9, 8-4 BigSou) challenge the Presbyterian Blue Hose (10-15, 3-9 BigSou) at Winthrop Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Winthrop Eagles Betting Preview
The Blue Hose lost to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last matchup, 75-61. Presbyterian’s JC Younger had a solid performance, recording 10 points and seven rebounds. UNC Asheville had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 26.5). Presbyterian, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent).
The last time the Eagles played, they dismantled the Radford Highlanders, 75-57. With 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Xavier Cooks was the games high scorer. The Eagles made 14 of their 17 free throws (82.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.563).
The prolific offense of Winthrop (54th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 112.7) will face off against the porous defense of Presbyterian (300th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 109.2). The Eagles figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 81-68. Winthrop had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.0 vs. 32.4). Presbyterian, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 15.6). Cooks put up a double-double in the victory with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Winthrop Eagles Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Over
- The Blue Hose rank 63rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Eagles rank 193rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- Winthrop is 49th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while Presbyterian is 51st with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Winthrop ranks 104th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Presbyterian ranks 273rd (31.4).
- The Eagles rank 72nd in assists per game (15.3) while the Blue Hose rank 240th (11.9).
- Presbyterian ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Winthrop ranks 184th (7.3).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, down from 9.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average).