The Presbyterian Blue Hose (1-2) will travel to Cameron Hall to clash against the VMI Keydets (0-2) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. VMI Keydets Free Preview
In the Blue Hoses last game, they lost big to the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 86-68. With 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Reggie Dillard led Presbyterian in scoring. North Carolina State had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 28.0). Presbyterian, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 31.3).
The Keydets are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-61 loss to the Duquesne Dukes in their last matchup. With 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists, Keith Smith played well for VMI. Duquesne did a great job of making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent). VMI, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.560 vs. 0.475).
The Blue Hose won the sole game against the Keydets last season, 77-67. The Blue Hose dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.197 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. For those same stats, the Keydets were 0.123 and 21.2, respectively.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at VMI Keydets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – VMI, ATS Winner – VMI, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Hose rank 145th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while the Keydets rank 252nd (37.5).
- VMI ranks 260th in assists per game (11.9) while Presbyterian ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- VMI ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Presbyterian ranks 292nd (17.7).
- The Keydets rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Blue Hose rank 186th (3.7).
- VMI averages 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 155th in the NCAA. Presbyterian ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (8.3).