The Presbyterian Blue Hose (6-5) and the Virginia Tech Hokies (9-2) square off at Cassell Coliseum. The Blue Hose will try to extend their five-game winning streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Virginia Tech Hokies Odds Preview
In the Blue Hose’s last matchup, they won big over the Toccoa Falls Eagles, 104-35. With 27 points and seven rebounds, Ethan Kay played well for Presbyterian. Presbyterian dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.083 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 18.0). Toccoa Falls was 0.018 and 26.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hokies are trying to rebound after their 93-86 loss to the No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats in their last game. With 19 points, nine assists and five rebounds, Justin Robinson had a solid performance for Virginia Tech. Kentucky had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 18.4). Virginia Tech, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.673 vs. 0.566).
Virginia Tech could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Hokies rank first in offensive efficiency, while Presbyterian ranks 324th in defensive efficiency.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Virginia Tech Hokies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Under
- The Hokies average 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. The Blue Hose rank 168th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Virginia Tech ranks sixth in assists per game (19.7) while Presbyterian ranks 200th (12.3).
- The Hokies rank 97th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Blue Hose rank 229th (33.1).
- Virginia Tech averages 22.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 133rd in the nation. Presbyterian ranks 188th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- The Hokies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.0, down from 22.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (9.6 below their season average).