The Longwood Lancers (3-11, 0-1 BigSou), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Presbyterian Blue Hose (7-7, 0-1 BigSou) to Willett Hall. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Longwood Lancers Betting Preview
The Blue Hose were beaten by the Radford Highlanders in their last outing, 78-62. With 23 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Francois Lewis was Presbyterian’s high scorer. Radford held the Blue Hose to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 27.1). Presbyterian, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 16.6).
In the Lancers’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 84-43. JaShaun Smith was Longwood’s high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Charleston Southern’s 13.6 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Longwood, who had a rate of 37.0. The Buccaneers’ mark was better than their season average of 18.7, while the Lancers’ was above their season average of 20.7.
Longwood could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this contest. The Lancers rank 304th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.191, while Presbyterian ranks 87th in FTA rate allowed (0.201).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Blue Hose won the last game 71-62. The Blue Hose played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.396 and a turnover percentage of 16.1. For those same stats, the Lancers were 0.155 and 22.8, respectively.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Longwood Lancers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Under
- The Blue Hose rank 110th in steals per game (6.4) while the Lancers rank 177th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Presbyterian allows the eighth-fewest blocks per game (2.1) while Longwood ranks 37th (2.6).
- Presbyterian averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. Longwood ranks 265th in three pointers allowed per game (28.5).
- The Blue Hose rank 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while the Lancers rank 259th (41.3).
- Presbyterian ranks 173rd in assists per game (12.9) while Longwood ranks 242nd (9.9).
- The Lancers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 31.8, up from 14.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (10.7 below their season average).