The Presbyterian Blue Hose (11-17, 4-11 BigSou) will travel to Dedmon Center to square off against the Radford Highlanders (16-12, 9-6 BigSou) in their home finale. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Radford Highlanders Odds Preview
The last time the Blue Hose played, they beat the High Point Panthers, 69-62. Reggie Dillard was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Blue Hose had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.506) and had a better turnover percentage (16.9 vs. 18.3).
The Highlanders hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Campbell Fighting Camels in their last matchup, 72-53. With 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting, Carlik Jones was Radford’s leading scorer. Radford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 35.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.547 (above their season average of 0.494). Campbell recorded marks of 15.2 and 0.424, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Radford currently ranks 344th in possessions per game (64.7) and Presbyterian is 333rd (65.6).
These teams have already met once this season. The Highlanders won 78-62. Radford won the rebounding battle. The Highlanders had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (32 vs. 20) and total rebounds (44 vs. 27). Ed Polite Jr. recorded a double-double with 24 points and 15 rebounds.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Radford Highlanders Free Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Under
- The Blue Hose rank 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while the Highlanders rank 79th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4).
- Radford ranks 165th in rebounds per game (35.1) while Presbyterian ranks 275th (31.6).
- The Highlanders rank 45th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Blue Hose rank 142nd (13.5).
- Presbyterian ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Radford ranks 91st (6.0).
- The Highlanders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (7.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (5.5 below their season average).