The No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies (7-1) will be at home in Reed Arena when they challenge the Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-6). Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview
In the Panthers last outing, they fell to the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 72-60. With 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting, Gary Blackston was the games leading scorer. Hawaii did an excellent job of making free throws (31-38; 81.6 percent). Prairie View A&M, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 19.9).
The Aggies are trying to rebound after their 67-64 loss to the Arizona Wildcats in their last contest. With 14 points and five assists, Texas A&M’s Duane Wilson put together a good performance. Arizona did a great job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent). Texas A&M, on the other hand, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 34.3).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Texas A&M figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Dating back to last season, the Aggies defense ranks 20th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459), while the Prairie View A&M offense ranks 299th in effective field goal percentage (0.482).
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aggies rank 12th in blocks per game (5.7) while the Panthers rank 211th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 26th in steals per game (8.1) while Texas A&M ranks 204th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Texas A&M ranks 28th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Prairie View A&M ranks 295th (31.4).
- The Aggies rank 33rd in assists per game (16.3) while the Panthers rank 278th (11.4).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Texas A&M ranks 246th (23.2).