The Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-9), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to Convocation Center to meet the Ohio Bobcats (5-5). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview
The Panthers lost big to the Houston Cougars in their last contest, 92-72. Prairie View A&M’s Dennis Jones recorded 18 points and five assists in the game. Houston did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (22-30; 73.3 percent). Prairie View A&M, meanwhile, forced the Cougars into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 16.7).
The last time the Bobcats played, they were blown out by the Marshall Thundering Herd, 99-96. Jordan Dartis led Ohio in scoring with 27 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Marshall did an excellent job of making free throws (27-31; 87.1 percent). Ohio, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 22.0).
Ball protection could play a key role in this contest. Ohio commits the 25th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Prairie View A&M forces the 38th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.4 percent).
Mike Laster has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Ohio, averaging 19.6 points per game.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Ohio Bobcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Over
- The Bobcats are 28th in the NCAA with 5.1 steals allowed per game while the Panthers are 57th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- Prairie View A&M averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. Ohio ranks 159th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 84th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while Ohio ranks 237th (25.7).
- The Bobcats rank 68th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Panthers rank 209th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Ohio ranks 115th in assists per game (14.4) while Prairie View A&M ranks 238th (9.0).
- The Bobcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 63.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (1.5 below their season average).