The New Mexico State Aggies (5-1) will be at home in Pan American Center when they challenge the Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-4). Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. New Mexico State Aggies ATS Preview
In the Panthers last outing, they lost a tough one against the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 69-66. Prairie View A&M’s Gary Blackston had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-20 shooting. UC Santa Barbara had a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.293). Prairie View A&M, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 20.2).
The Aggies will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the UTEP Miners in their last matchup, 80-60. Jemerrio Jones had a good game for New Mexico State, finishing with 11 points and 13 rebounds. The Aggies held the Miners to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3 (below their season average of 22.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.529).
The high-octane offense of New Mexico State will square off against the porous defense of Prairie View A&M. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Aggies rank 38th in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 268th in defensive efficiency. The Aggies figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. New Mexico State Aggies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Mexico State, ATS Winner – New Mexico State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aggies rank 96th in assists per game (14.7) while the Panthers rank 266th (11.8).
- Prairie View A&M is 34th in the nation with 18.7 three pointers allowed per game while New Mexico State is 59th with 19.4 three pointers allowed per game.
- New Mexico State ranks 16th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Prairie View A&M ranks 310th (31.4).
- The Panthers rank 18th in steals per game (8.1) while the Aggies rank 297th (4.7).
- New Mexico State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while Prairie View A&M ranks 235th (4.1).