The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (4-2) will be at home in Stan Sheriff Center when they go head-to-head with the Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-5). Action starts at 12 a.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Free Preview
The Panthers were beaten by the New Mexico State Aggies in their last contest, 69-57. With 19 points on 6-for-19 shooting, Gary Blackston was the games high scorer. New Mexico State forced the Panthers into a turnover percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 18.3). Prairie View A&M, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.216 vs. 0.164).
The last time the Rainbow Warriors played, they were topped by the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 80-60. Drew Buggs led Hawaii in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Utah did a terrific job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Hawaii, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 17.6).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Hawaii. Since last season, Hawaii ranks 262nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Prairie View A&M has forced the 28th-most turnovers in the nation (22.3 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Prairie View A&M have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Hawaii games have gone under. The Rainbow Warriors have the superior straight up (SU) record (4-2 vs. 2-5), but the Panthers hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (2-2 vs. 1-4).
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hawaii, ATS Winner – Hawaii, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 18th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Panthers rank 157th (13.2).
- Hawaii allows the 37th-fewest three pointers per game (18.6) while Prairie View A&M ranks 41st (18.8).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 25th in steals per game (8.0) while Hawaii ranks 243rd (5.2).
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 84th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while the Panthers rank 270th (37.8).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 123rd in blocks per game (3.5) while Hawaii ranks 270th (2.0).