The Washington Wizards (10-8) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they meet the Portland Trail Blazers (11-8). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Portland Trail Blazers at Washington Wizards ATS Preview
In the Trail Blazers last matchup, they barely escaped the Brooklyn Nets, 127-125. With 29 points and 15 rebounds, Jusuf Nurkic played well for Portland. The Trail Blazers knocked down 25 of their 35 free throws (71.4 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 13.7).
The Wizards are hoping for a better outcome after their 129-124 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last contest. John Wall was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 13-for-26 shooting. Charlotte did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (33-40; 82.5 percent). Washington, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.540 vs. 0.527).
The physical Washington offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this showdown. The Wizards currently rank fifth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.228, while Portland is among the NBA’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 17th-ranked FTA rate of 0.201). Moreover, the Trail Blazers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), while the Wizards rank 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
Games including these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Portland games have gone under 77.8 percent of the time, while Washington games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (11-8 for Portland; 10-8 for Washington), but the Wizards have the edge against the spread (ATS). Washington is 9-9 ATS, while the Trail Blazers are 6-9-3.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Wizards won both meetings last season. In the most recent contest, Washington won 125-124. The Wizards dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0. The Trail Blazers put up marks of 0.128 and 15.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Portland Trail Blazers at Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 17th in assists per game (22.2) while the Trail Blazers rank last (18.2).
- Washington ranks 20th in steals per game (7.6) while Portland ranks 26th (6.8).
- Portland ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.9) while Washington ranks 17th (4.4).
- Portland is 3-3-1 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Washington is 3-6 ATS at home with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- Washington is 7-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Portland is 8-3.
- When reaching the century mark, the Trail Blazers are 9-3 and the Wizards are 9-4.
- The Trail Blazers rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.6) while the Wizards rank 13th (28.3).
- Portland ranks eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while Washington ranks 25th (13.8).
- The Wizards rank 15th in fast break points per game (10.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (4.6).
- Portland ranks third in rebounds per game (47.6) while Washington ranks 16th (43.6).
- Washington is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 1-2-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Wizards’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.8 points per game (0.0 below their season average).