Expect a low-scoring game when the Portland Trail Blazers (48-31) meet the San Antonio Spurs (45-34) at AT&T Center. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers at San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Spurs were beaten by the Los Angeles Lakers, 122-112, while the Trail Blazers lost a tough one against the Houston Rockets, 96-94.
Portland held Houston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 21.5) while San Antonio held Los Angeles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.4 (below their season average of 23.7). Dejounte Murray played a pivotal role for San Antonio with 23 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Jusuf Nurkic, meanwhile had a good game for Portland, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, San Antonio should have a considerable edge. The Spurs defense ranks sixth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506), while the Portland offense is ranked 19th in effective field goal percentage (0.513).
Of the Trail Blazers 79 games, 44 have finished under the O/U total. Portland heads into the contest with records of 48-31 straight up (SU) and 44-28-7 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Portland, games including the Spurs have finished under the total 53.2 percent of the time. Additionally, San Antonio is 45-34 SU and 40-35-4 ATS.
The Trail Blazers had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 111-110 victory, to even the season series at one. In the loss, LaMarcus Aldridge recorded a double-double with 30 points and 14 rebounds. The Trail Blazers turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Spurs. Portland had a rate of 8.5, while San Antonio posted a mark of 13.2. The two teams combined for 221 points, which was well over the projected point total of 194.5, and Portland covered as a 1-point favorite.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. San Antonio Spurs Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while the Spurs rank ninth (44.4).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Portland ranks 20th (5.1).
- The Trail Blazers rank 19th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while the Spurs rank 27th (24.1).
- Portland averages 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. San Antonio ranks 13th in second chance points allowed per game (12.1).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while San Antonio ranks 10th (43.9).
- The Spurs rank 15th in assists per game (22.9) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.6).
- The Spurs rank 21st in fast break points per game (10.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (8.2).
- San Antonio ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Portland ranks 28th (14.2).
- San Antonio is 31-10 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Portland is 25-6.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Spurs are 35-14 and the Trail Blazers are 43-17.
- Portland is 22-14-3 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 25-13-1 ATS at home.
- The Trail Blazers have 23 unders and 16 overs in 39 road games.
- The Spurs have 20 unders and 19 overs in 39 home games.
- In their last five games, Portland and San Antonio have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trail Blazers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- The Trail Blazers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 106.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (6.9 above their season average).