The New York Knicks (10-9) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they go head-to-head with the Portland Trail Blazers (12-8). Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Portland Trail Blazers at New York Knicks Odds Preview
The Trail Blazers edged the Washington Wizards in their last game, 108-105. Damian Lillard was the games leading scorer with 29 points on 9-for-17 shooting. The Trail Blazers knocked down 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.490).
The last time the Knicks played, they were topped by the Houston Rockets, 117-102. With 20 points and 15 rebounds, Kyle O’Quinn put together a good game for New York. Houston’s 6.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over New York, who had a rate of 16.2. The Rockets mark was better than their season average of 14.5.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Knicks rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while Portland ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (80.9 percent).
Of Portland’s 20 games, 14 have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of New York’s 19 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (12-8 vs. 10-9), but the Knicks have been better against the spread (ATS) (12-7 vs. 7-10-3).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Trail Blazers, it’s been Jusuf Nurkic, who has averaged 14.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.2 blocks, while the Knicks have gotten great contributions from Tim Hardaway Jr. (22.4 points, 4.8 assists and 1.2 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Trail Blazers won 110-95. The Trail Blazers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 and a superb free throw rate of 0.263. The Knicks had marks of 18.4 and 0.205, respectively, for those same stats.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New York Knicks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank second in second chance points per game (15.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 19th (11.8).
- New York ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.2) while Portland ranks 11th (42.3).
- Portland ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.9) while New York ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- New York ranks 24th in steals per game (7.0) while Portland ranks 26th (6.7).
- Portland is 4-4-1 ATS on the road, while New York is 10-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Trail Blazers’ 9 road games, while 7 of the Knicks’ 12 home games have gone over.
- Portland is 8-3 when they allow under 100 points, while New York is 4-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Trail Blazers are 10-3 and the Knicks are 10-4.
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (47.3) while the Knicks rank 13th (44.5).
- Portland ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.5) while New York ranks 29th (34.3).
- The Knicks rank fifth in assists per game (23.8) while the Trail Blazers rank last (18.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (8.5) while the Knicks rank 13th (11.1).
- Portland ranks ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.1) while New York ranks 26th (19.6).
- New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).