The Golden State Warriors will be 7.5-point favorites at home to open the Western Conference Finals when they clash against the Portland Trail Blazers. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219 points and it will air on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Warriors (7.5-point underdogs) defeated the Houston Rockets 118-113, while the Trail Blazers (5.5-point underdog) beat the Denver Nuggets 100-96. The Golden State game finished 16.5 points over the projected point total of 214.5, while the Portland game finished 15 points under the projected point total of 211.
Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 3.7 (better than their season average of 11.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.526). For those same stats, Denver was 4.5 and 0.382, respectively. The Warriors, on the other hand, made 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.563). Stephen Curry played well for Golden State with 33 points and five rebounds. CJ McCollum, meanwhile had a solid performance for Portland, putting up 37 points and nine rebounds.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Trail Blazers games, with 50 overs compared to 43 unders. Portland heads into the contest with records of 61-33 straight up (SU) and 51-43 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Portland, a little over half of Warriors games have finished under the projected point total. Golden State is 65-29 SU, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (40-53-1 ATS).
The Trail Blazers were 1-3 ATS with three overs and one under in the First-Round Series. The Warriors, meanwhile, were 11-6 with 13 overs and four unders
The Trail Blazers’ CJ McCollum has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 26 points,5.8 rebounds,3.4 assists per game. Meanwhile, Draymond Green has averaged 14 points,10.8 rebounds,8.4 assists,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Warriors.
This matchup figures to be a shootout as two of the NBA’s premier offenses square off. Golden State currently ranks first with 114.6 points per 100 possessions and Portland is fourth (111.6).
Trail Blazers at Warriors ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (47.8) while the Warriors rank 12th (45.8).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.3) while Portland ranks 26th (22.4).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 20th (5.2).
- Portland ranks third in second chance points per game (15.2) while Golden State ranks 21st (12.7).
- Golden State ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while Portland ranks 27th (14.7).
- The Trail Blazers rank third in three pointers allowed per game (29.8) while the Warriors rank 27th (34.1).
- The Trail Blazers rank 15th in points in the paint per game (49.0) while the Warriors rank 29th (43.4).
- Golden State ranks third in fast break points per game (18.8) while Portland ranks 24th (11.0).
- Portland is 19-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Golden State is 11-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 58-26 and the Warriors are 65-21.
- Golden State is 18-28-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 24-23 ATS on the road.
- Of the Trail Blazers’ 47 road games, they have 24 unders, 22 overs and 1 push.
- The Warriors have 28 unders and 19 overs in 47 home games.
- In their last five games, Portland and Golden State are both 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Trail Blazers have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Portland has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 113.2 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average).