The Golden State Warriors (21-6) and the Portland Trail Blazers (13-12) go head-to-head at ORACLE Arena. The Warriors will try to prolong their six-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, December 11, 2017.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Preview
The Trail Blazers fell to the Houston Rockets in their last outing, 124-117. With 35 points on 11-for-23 shooting, Damian Lillard led Portland in scoring. Houston did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (34-42; 81.0 percent). Portland, meanwhile, made 18 of their 41 three pointers (43.9 percent).
The last time the Warriors played, they topped the Detroit Pistons, 102-98. With 36 points on 12-for-23 shooting, Kevin Durant was the games high scorer. The Warriors made 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.525 vs. 0.478).
This matchup pits one of the leagues top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Golden State ranks first in offensive efficiency and Portland ranks fifth in defensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including Portland have gone under 68.0 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of Golden State games have gone over. The Warriors come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 21-6 SU and 13-14 ATS, while the Trail Blazers are 13-12 SU and 9-13-3 ATS.
Durant has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Golden State, averaging 26.4 points, 6.8 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Warriors won all eight games played against each other last season. In the last contest, Golden State won 128-103. The Warriors played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.634 and a superb turnover percentage of 9.3. For those same stats, the Trail Blazers put up marks of 0.465 and 10.1, respectively.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank fifth in steals per game (8.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (6.4).
- Golden State ranks 12th in points in the paint per game (45.0) while Portland ranks 26th (40.5).
- Portland ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.0) while Golden State ranks 22nd (29.7).
- Portland averages 46.3 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the league. Golden State ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1).
- On the road, Portland is 5-4-1 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Golden State is 5-6 ATS with 6 overs and 5 unders.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Golden State is 7-1 and Portland is 9-3.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 11-5 and the Warriors are 20-4.
- The Warriors rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (14.6).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (22.3) while Portland ranks last (4.6).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.8) while the Trail Blazers rank last (18.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank 13th in second chance points per game (12.4) while the Warriors rank 27th (9.7).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (8.7) while Portland ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Golden State is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 11.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (8.2 above their season average).