The Detroit Pistons (25-26) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they challenge the Portland Trail Blazers (29-24). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210.5 points with Detroit opening as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Detroit Pistons Odds Preview
The Trail Blazers lost a close one to the Boston Celtics in their last game, 97-96. Damian Lillard had a good game for Portland, recording 21 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Boston did a terrific job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent). Portland, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (7.6 vs. 10.6).
In the Pistons last game, they defeated the Miami Heat, 111-107. Andre Drummond played well for Detroit, putting up 23 points and 20 rebounds. Detroit played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 (below their season average of 0.167) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 22.4). Miami recorded marks of 0.055 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The offense of Detroit will square off against the top-notch defense of Portland. The Pistons rank 19th in offensive efficiency, while the Trail Blazers are ninth in defensive efficiency. The Trail Blazers should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Of Portland’s 52 games that accepted bets, 30 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Detroit’s 51 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (29-24 vs. 25-26), but both teams are close to the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Pistons won both games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Detroit won 120-113. The Pistons played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 5.6 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6. The Trail Blazers were 20.4 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Detroit Pistons Free Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
- The Pistons rank 15th in steals per game (7.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (6.7).
- Portland averages 44.7 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Detroit ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8).
- Detroit ranks 17th in fast break points per game (10.6) while Portland ranks last (6.8).
- Detroit is 11-14-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 15-10-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 15 of the Trail Blazers 27 road games, while 14 of the Pistons 26 home games have gone over.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Portland is 17-5 and Detroit is 12-6.
- The Pistons are 22-12 when they score above 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 24-13.
- The Pistons rank third in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 13th (12.2).
- Portland ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.9) while Detroit ranks 26th (24.4).
- The Trail Blazers rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Pistons rank 28th (3.7).
- Detroit ranks 11th in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while Portland ranks 26th (14.5).
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pistons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).