The Orlando Magic (11-18) will be at home in Amway Center when they clash with the Portland Trail Blazers (14-13). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Portland Trail Blazers at Orlando Magic Betting Preview
The Trail Blazers beat the Miami Heat in their last contest, 102-95. CJ McCollum was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.216) and a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 13.0). For those same stats, Miami was 0.194 and 15.4, respectively.
In the Magic’s last game, they were topped by the Los Angeles Clippers, 106-95. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Nikola Vucevic had a good performance for Orlando. Los Angeles 7.6 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Orlando, who had a mark of 11.0. The Clippers mark was better than their season average of 13.2.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Orlando in this meeting. The Magic are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 26th in offensive rebounding percentage at 19.2 percent. Meanwhile, Portland ranks fourth in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 80.7 percent.
Of Portland’s 27 games, 19 have finished under the projected point total, while 15 of Orlando’s 29 games have finished over the projected point total. The Trail Blazers have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (14-13 vs. 11-18) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (11-13-3 vs. 11-17-1).
Vucevic has been playing at a high level as of late for Orlando, averaging 23.6 points, 13.2 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 2.6 blocks and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 193 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 214. The Trail Blazers won 99-94, covering as 5-point favorites. The Trail Blazers 11.5 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Magic, who had a mark of 15.3. Damian Lillard put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.4) while the Magic rank 28th (49.4).
- Portland ranks 13th in second chance points per game (12.4) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.1).
- Orlando ranks 13th in fast break points per game (11.0) while Portland ranks 29th (5.1).
- Orlando ranks 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while Portland ranks 26th (14.9).
- Orlando is 4-9 ATS at home, while Portland is 7-4-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Trail Blazers 12 road games, while 7 of the Magic’s 13 home games have gone under.
- Orlando is 5-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Portland is 10-3.
- The Trail Blazers are 12-6 when they score above 100 points, while the Magic are 11-10.
- The Magic rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (30.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 25th (25.1).
- Portland ranks first in assists allowed per game (18.3) while Orlando ranks 28th (25.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while the Magic rank 28th (46.5).
- The Magic rank 18th in steals per game (7.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (6.6).
- Orlando averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Portland ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Orlando is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 106.2 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (10.5 above their season average).